||Completion and Handover of Prince of Wales Hospital Extension Block
The Extension Block of the re-provisioning of core facilities of the Prince of Wales Hospital at Shatin has been completed in April 2010 and is in the process of handing over to the Hospital end-users.
The 800-bed extension block of 86,000 s.m. total floor area took 36 months to complete at a cost of approximately HK$ 1.6 billion, including foundations, superstructure and fitting-out.
Major facilities in the 13-storey building include:
• a new Accident and Emergency Department;
• Observation Ward;
• 16 Nos. Operating Theatres on two floors;
• 32-bed Intensive Care Unit; Burns Unit;
• Private Ward;
• 18 Wards on six floors incl. two Infectious Disease Wards on the top floor.
• Auditorium with 350 seats.
The new extension is expected to be put into operation progressively from October 2010 onwards.